Dear Boys, I'm writing to you, as I did over ten years ago, so that you can tell your grandchildren a story as you sit at their bedside, many years after I'm gone. When I last put my story on to paper we were living in Highland Utah and I was teaching at the Orem Institute. I was serving as the Bishop of the 197th ward at BYU and everything was in order. I'm not sure what it sounds like, or what it feels like, to be moved upon by the spirit but something told me, and your mom, that we should consider one more assignment with the Church Education System. In November of 2009 we made a trip to Connecticut. Michael was working for an airline company and we were able to fly into JFK, on a redeye flight that was quite cheap. We rented a car and drove to New Haven. The Church asked us to keep our trip quiet so that personnel on the east coast wouldn't know we were contemplating the change. The weather wasn't exciting, the Fall leaves were all gone but ...
Comments
Post a Comment