Farewell to Idaho Pocatello mission

President Southward asked me to write a few last words before my release from serving as a counselor. I agree with Oliver Cowdrey that these were days never to be forgotten. To sit in council with President Southward, Sister Southward, President Mcnabb and many of you has been a sacred experience.
This past Thursday I attended the baptism of a sweet sister who moved to Star Valley just a month ago. Two beautiful sister missionaries stood as witnesses and the joy of that moment was evident on everyone's face. Yesterday, Saturday morning, I was able to witness missionaries attending the Star Valley temple with another new convert as she was baptized, for and in behalf of, her grandmother and other deceased relatives. It was beautiful beyond words!
Sisters and Elders, this is your moment, to be a part of a "perfect storm" of spiritual discovery here in the Idaho Pocatello Mission. What you are sharing is the recipe for true, and complete happiness. Joseph Smith declared that happiness is the object and design of our existence and Lehi taught his son, Jacob, that "men are that they might have joy". This is not an arduous task, this is a delightful journey where we share something sweet and beautiful!
I love you all and tears of joy fall down my face as I ponder on these moments we've shared. My daily prayers will be with you, from down under, sometimes by name, as I see each of you, with your companion, going about this mighty work. Now, go and do. Be strong and off a good courage. Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.
With love beyond words, President Stephen Weber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers work!

We've arrived and our hearts are full

plans that don't materialize