mixed emotions

So fast. Everything is happening so fast.  As I sit here and write, five of the young missionaries are standing on our driveway, visiting, after we just said goodbye, from a distance.  Evelyn just handed them bags of food that she's divided up, from our kitchen.  You see, we've determined, in conversations with our Priesthood leaders, that it's time to head back to the states.  Hopefully, this upside down world will be turned back and we'll be able to return.  The missionary travel department is working on our travel and we don't know when we'll leave but I would imagine that it will be in the next few days.  We've contacted our children and my mom and told President Stuart but it doesn't feel real.  My mind is going 100 mph but my heart is calm.  We're putting things in order but I keep thinking about the invitations, in the scriptures, and from Prophets, to be calm in the storm.  The Lord never promises for the storms to be removed, he promises to walk with us as we endure them.

It's a beautiful day out there and my heart aches.  I love this place, I love these folks but I also have a strong confirmation that we need to be back in the mountains of Wyoming.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers work!

We've arrived and our hearts are full

plans that don't materialize