December 30, 102 degrees

I'm sitting here, listening to the wonderful sound of a washing machine.  It's a sound you can't fully enjoy until you've have 10 days without it.  I'm also looking at pictures that our sons have posted on some sort of fancy device that downloads photos of the most beautiful people in the world. If our family are reading any of this, please keep sending pictures.  It's wonderful.

 I guess you'd say this is our "P" day but we've found that our preparations are best spread out over the week.  I had to run to the hardware store to get a few parts for the plumbing of the washer.  The guy that delivered it, I'm certain, thought I was some old guy in a white shirt that didn't know anything about tools.  I never realized how nice it was to have a garage, or barn, filled with all the different tools required to make life work.  I had to buy a set of pliers and I'm certain there will be more purchases over the next year and a half.

Yesterday, Evelyn wasn't feeling well and we think it was something she ate the night before.  We'd taken Elder Lee, Elder Leishman, and Elder Palmer to dinner at a Korean restaurant and it was really good food but something wasn't right so I went to church alone.  One of the first people I saw after entering the chapel was Brett Baker. Remember, he's the one that helped us the first night we arrived in Canberra.  Anyway, we were visiting, when Cindy and Pam, from Goulburn walked in.  Cindy said they would have to leave right after church and she wanted Pam to receive a blessing, before church.  That is always a sweet invitation so the four of us found a quiet classroom.  We had to prop a chair to keep the door closed because there wasn't a handle on it.  Pam asked Brett to anoint her and then I was asked to seal the anointing and pronounce a blessing.  She is a woman of great faith and she'd already told Evelyn and myself about a previous healing.  When it came time for me to say the blessing, I felt a quiet confidence that she was to be made whole.  It was so sweet to feel the words coming from a source beyond myself.  After the amen, she practically jumped out of her chair.  As we were walking back into the chapel she insisted on opening the door for all of us, which was something she could not have done a few minutes before.  The Priesthood has been restored to the earth and it is the power to speak, for and in behalf of Jesus Christ.  He went about, during his earthly ministry, touching and healing, and it is still happening in this last dispensation.  Thank the Lord.

We were able to talk with Matt and his kids today and we heard from Andrew and Adam but I'm not sure they were really focused on the conversation.  It seems as though the Seahawks were playing a game.  Actually I was watching it too.  It's kind of fun because I get to watch Sunday football games on Monday.  Sometimes it's really nice to be 18 hours ahead.  Also, if anyone wants to know, I can tell you how your day is going to be and which stocks to buy because we're ahead of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers work!

We've arrived and our hearts are full

plans that don't materialize