Not a stupor, but close

I wish it were possible to record my feelings.  Monday evening we had a wonderful FHE here at the flat and the next morning we awakened to the news that Simon Mamouney was killed in an automobile accident Monday evening.  He leaves a sweet wife and two children behind.  He and his wife, Bindi, were the YSA advisors in the Yerrabi Ward.  My heart is heavy with sorrow and it's been difficult to put feelings into words.  Last night at Institute I gave a different lesson than the text I had been preparing.  I just felt it was necessary to talk about Eternal life and the great plan of happiness.  I studied, pondered and prayed but I couldn't put on to paper, an outline that made any sense.  Even as the invocation was being offered, I wasn't sure where to go with the lesson.  After 90 minutes, I'm not sure anything was coherent or "flowing".  I  knew that what I was teaching was true and I knew that the spirit would be the conveyor of truth but it was hard to be, anything close to, comfortable.

Tuesday, we had our Zone Conference in Campbelltown and it was a great experience to be with the young missionaries and President and Sister Runia.  After the conference we headed directly up to Sydney and were able to participate in the 5:00 session.  What a sweet moment to turn off the noise of the world and be able to focus on our relationship with Deity.  We stopped at a Subway on the way back and were able to drive into our garage by 10:15.  A long but wonder day.

Today we went to the gym, walked along the lake and were invited to "afternoon tea" with Joan, our neighbor.  She's alone, lonely and it was good to visit with her for a bit.  Not sure if I'll ever develop a desire for Ginger Beer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers work!

We've arrived and our hearts are full

plans that don't materialize