Do you see what I see?

No, the title has nothing to do with Christmas.  It is a question that comes to mind each time I open up my laptop.  Before my screen comes to life, I see my own face.  It's always a quick "tell all" about my day because it shows a smile, or discontent, or sorrow, or happiness.  Most days I smile back at myself.   A few minutes ago I saw that my picture is so much larger than just "me".  Steve Mawer came over to our flat to have a discussion.  He's the 78 year old fellow that joined the church 3 years ago and we meet with him on a regular basis to teach a few principles of the gospel.  He sat on the couch next to Evelyn and I sat on the other side of her.  It was so sweet to watch Evelyn teaching the gospel.  She had planned a lesson from the latest Ensign and used several scripture references. As we were talking, Steve referred to us in the plural several times and I had a bit of an epiphany regarding companionships and particularly Eternal companionships.  We're a team, a partnership and we see a broader perspective than an individual would have.  She was sharing things, about Emma Smith, and others that came from written words that are available to everyone but she was able to see, and feel, things that are unavailable to me.  I also had to smile when Steve came to the flat because he brought a bouquet of roses that I'm certain he would not have brought if it were just me.

This morning we had a District Council meeting and, again, it was delightful to be with the young missionaries.  Sister Heridas is going home in less than two weeks.  I certainly hope that air travel is not restricted to Singapore before she can depart.  This coronavirus that is going around the world is a little bit disconcerting..  I read, this morning, where the Bothell Stake is not holding church this next week and the church is closing the Rome Temple for an undetermined time.  The leaders have requested that international travel to general conference be reconsidered and they've cancelled the leadership portions of Conference.

This morning, when I woke up early, as I do most days,  my mind was on our grandkids.  I am so grateful that we were able to hear from Nathan this week and read of all the good things that are happening for him as he serves his mission in California.  I then went through each family and thought about each child individually.  My heart, and prayers, paused for a minute when I was thinking of Andrew and Sophie adding another child next month.  My prayers are with Sophie that she'll be healthy and strong through these next four or five weeks.  I've been told that her due date is April 9th.  That was my father's birthday and he was born on his mother's birthday so maybe we'll have another Weber celebrating that date.  Speaking of celebrations, it is Evelyn's birthday on the 14th.  I want to take her someplace special for dinner and it will hopefully be memorable but it probably won't compare to last year when we were in Mexico and parasailing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers work!

We've arrived and our hearts are full

plans that don't materialize